A 4.7GB patch has been put out for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on Xbox One.
The most notable difference will probably be to visuals and performance, after what’s described as a “first pass” at them. These were areas Digital Foundry noticed PUBG struggling on Xbox One – and X.
But there are many other incidental fixes besides, all listed below.
“We are glad players are enjoying PUBG in Xbox Game Preview and we appreciate all of the great feedback we’ve received,” wrote the PUBG team on the game’s forum. “We take listening and reacting to our player base seriously, and we will work with our community to find opportunity to continually improve the player experience while in XGP and beyond.”
PUBG launched on Xbox Game Preview (early access) last week and sold more than 1m copies in 48 hours. On PC, meanwhile, PUBG is a day away from leaving Steam Early Access and reaching version 1.0. That should happen at some point tomorrow.
The Xbox patch notes are as follows:
- Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
- Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
- Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
- UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
- Tweaked hair color options
- Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
- Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
- Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
- Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
- First pass visual and performance improvements
- Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
- Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
- Keyboard functionality is disabled
- Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
- Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
- Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
- Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
- Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
- Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
- Fixed typo in the controller guide
- Other minor fixes